Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Big But !!!!


Well, my father-in-law didn't waste anytime getting busy for the Lord after his retirement! My mother-in-law mailed me their church newsletter that congratulated PawPaw as the new Care Minister for their church family. Their responsibilities will be to visit and pray for the hurting folks of their church and possibly their community (hospital visits, etc) The newsletter had a great "bio" of him. And many may not know that he was ordained a Baptist minister in 1989. (He married my husband and me !!) Well, on the back of the newsletter was a little "blurb" that my father-in-law wrote. Here it is ................

A BIG BUT

During my recent retirement ceremony, I made a few observations. Not to seem morbid, but it occurred to me that retirement ceremonies are very similar to funerals.

  1. There is a gathering of your loved ones, family & friends.
  2. There is a program with your picture on it.
  3. There is a brief synopsis of your life,(bio).
  4. There is listed, a beginning date and ending date.
  5. There is a preacher and a prayer.
  6. Beautiful songs are rendered.
  7. Flowers are presented.
  8. Eyes get misty and maybe a few tears are shed.
  9. Many kind words are spoken of you, (some of them are true).

BUT........

At your retirement you can rise up and THANK GOD... your family, friends, coworkers, etc. Do that daily!! While you have a chance! While there is life still in you!

For there is an ultimate retirement for all men; where we will face the only true BOSS and we will be rewarded for the work we have done. He has two retirement plans - forever with Him or forever separated from Him. Please choose the former !!







No comments: