Saturday, January 2, 2010

Wiregrass Museum

Jordan & I were coming back from droppin off several tons of stuff to Goodwill and passed by the Wiregrass Museum. We decided to stop and take a look.... and I'm glad we did.



Upon entering the building, over the corridor are hovering crows made out of worn-out tire tread and barbed-wire fence. Sort of cool and weird at the same time. I kept waiting for Alfred Hitchcock to say ".....and action" !!



Once we got past the birds, we entered the Gallery. The first room was, .... well, I just have to say that not all things thrown together is art...... I'm just sayin! Anyway, there were a few things we liked, such as the blown glass, and the wooden statue made entirely out of one piece of wood. Jordan's favorite was this bug-like-bird-like-key-like-bottle-like-man-like thingy (... again, I suppose that beauty is in the eye of the beholder?) My favorite was this half-painting, half-copper structure of a horse.


Downstairs was their "floating gallery" filled with different costumes and clothing. There was even an area where we could try on different clothes but Jordan wouldn't let me take a picture. Oh, well.


There was a kids area where they had this neat screen that you could move infront of and it would display your image in different shapes and colors. That's Jordan !
I'm glad we stopped by and went in to see what was up. Everyone go and support your local museums you'll be glad you did.

No comments: