Monday, August 6, 2012

Fans for Life


Fans for Life radio event for the elderly.
So, I'm a firm believer that you can bloom where you are planted because with Christ ALL things are possible ;-)

Last Friday, I was driving around town handing out Loyaly Discounts ( that'll be a different blog post ;-)  and while driving around I was listening to my favorite radio station JOYFM.  During a commercial they promoted a "Fans for Life" event.

Apparently, the heat has been horrendous for the elderly who don't have family to help them and the means of keeping cool.  So, they were asking for boxed fans to help these people.  When I got back to the office, I emailed mgt if they'd like to donate some fans.  And the next thing I knew, we had a $500.00 budget and 30 boxed fans to pick up from WalMart !!!


Christie, Administrator, and I dropped the fans off at the radio station -- they. were. thrilled !  They took pictures and kept saying what a blessing these fans will be.  I also made flyers "Sunny With A Chance of Heatstroke" that outlined the dangers, prevention, and help with heat exhasustion that will be handed out to each family who gets a fan. 

You never can tell what might happen if you follow the Lord --  He's alot of fun !!

No comments: