Monday, October 26, 2009

Evolution: From the Monkey's Point Of View


You won't believe what I heard today,
It nearly knocked me out of my tree !
Someone had the nerve to say
that man evolved from me !
To us proud monkeys, it is an insult,
It is a downright disgrace;
For the deluded scientists to even suggest,
Lowly man came from our noble race.
You may ask... "Why all the clamor"?
Why are we making such a fuss?
Just take a look at them,
Then take a look at us.
Our families stay together,
We aren't split up by divorce.
Half of theirs' are shattered;
Well, just consider the source.
They rob, they cheat;
They steal from each other.
Their aim is to beat,
And get the best of their brother.
We have no prison, we have no bars,
We have no electric chair.
We have no terrorist, we have no bombs;
We have no atomic scare.
We don't do: abortions, drugs or crime,
Because we are too smart.
Don't believe me? Then tell me,
How many wars did we start?
To be in man's family tree,
No! we respectfully decline.
We and all the other animals
Came from a different line!
Like the mountains and the rivers;
Like the birds and the bees.
Like the sun and the sky,
Like the clouds and the seas.
From the vast unlimited span of the universe;
To tiny peas in a pod.
We did not evolve!
We were created by God!
written by Ernest Scott Robinson
(my dad-in-law..... who is NOT pictured above !! :-)

No comments: